Motherhood brings much joy, but also the responsibility for actions that will affect your children for the rest of their lives. The weight of making the wise decisions necessary to keep a child alive, safe and thriving can be agonizing. So many questions! So many answers!

WH 1 & 2

When I was raising my children I wanted to know who I could go to for that one, ultimate, authoritative and credible answer to all motherhood’s questions.

WH 3 & 4

WH 5 & 6

I longed for a “Worry Hotline” that I could call for answers. It seemed there was a hotline for everything…

WH 7 & 8

If cooking a turkey rated a hotline, why not child rearing? Was it too much to ask for experts to help us with the most valuable resource in the country, our children?

I desperately wanted to stop the endless weighing of pros and cons, the infinite analyzing of consequences and the fear that every decision I made might end in lifelong mental or physical harm to my children.

I wanted to go from this:

WH 9 & 10

WH 11

To this:

WH 12 & 13

The Worry Hotline would be staffed by mothers who had raised large families of happy, healthy, functional children. They would have at least a Master’s degree in Child Development and call me “Honey” or “Dear”. They would know every answer to any question with absolute certainty.

They would put me out of my misery.

WH 14, 15 & 16

Somehow, I made it through motherhood and raised two terrific kids without the support of a Worry Hotline.

However, I still think it is a good idea!

WH 17

Happy Mother’s Day, dear Moms!

Comments

1. carmi18 says:

Lol! I’m not a mother (still 18) but a Worry Hotline would be a great invention for all the mothers out there. Well, not just for mothers, but also for fathers and daughters and sons and grandparents……..

2. nandinidayal says:

Creative and so very true. I am raising two kids and I certainly know the feeling when you don’t have answers to the questions

3. saradorato says:

Very true and entertaining as well. I thoroughly enjoyed your style of writing and the little comic strips too. Well done!!

4. DeRicki Johnson says:

Great post…and I absolutely love your illustrations!

5. Frugal Fab Mommy says:

If this mommy hotline existed and was a 900 number they’d be rich! Lol. Great post! Love the pictures and captions. Especially the pros and cons.

6. lucydanvers says:

Such a true blog post! Absolutely loved this and thought it was so accurate with your beautiful illustrations. Well done!!

7. Fantastic! I have sat smiling throughout reading your blog and love the drawings.
    I too am a worrier, we are still at the ‘will we be good parents?’ Stage and your honest comments made me realise that everyone must be concerned about taking the leap into parenthood and everything that follows.

8. MullinPonder says:

Brilliant. Maybe you could launch this particular Worry Hotline? Look at all the wisdom you have attained…..πŸ˜ƒ

9. I would have loved this. Somehow I made it as well, our children now 23 & 27, along with 3 spectacular grandchildren!! Its like being on a roller coaster throwing your hands in the air. After the ride, we scream, “We made it!!”

10. Reblogged this on Miss Cassiopeia and commented:
    Children has their own phase but I actually believe parents should take a course or program that will serve even just as a guideline or guidance that will always be beneficial to the child’s development.

We are talking about the life and up bringing of a human being. Parents should make an effort to learn how to raise children to become happy, healthy, and well adjusted and versatile adults. They shouldn’t be treated as scientific experiments by raising them through trial and error.

But some parents are too proud and confident that they know what they’re doing, even when they really don’t.